Skip to main content

what if's and what did's

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,"- Jeremiah 29:11 

   I find myself worrying more about the "what ifs" in life than the "what dids".
What if I had sung when I was asked instead of making excuses?
What if I had spent more time ministering to that kid instead of walking off to talk to my friend?
Or
What if I had talked to that new kid at church?
These questions nag and pull at me all the time!
I find myself missing out on the things in life because I am caught up in yesterdays worry's. Some of the worst what ifs in life that i have had to face were:
* What if I was her? she is so beautiful!
* What if I was her? she is so talented!
* What if I was her? Her siblings are so kind to her!
Wishing you were someone else is never good! for The bible says:



"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." - Psalm 139:14

   Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." - genesis 1:26   
God made us a model of him! just think for a second, we are models of God! 
I have been starting to realize that God made me, well, me. He didn't make me any of my friends or anyone in my family.
He didn't make my voice like anyone else. He made me me, and my voice mine. 

   As I grow up I find that I am losing my interest in everything that i used to like and instead i am worrying about how I look and act around other people. I am trying to dig deeper into Gods word and worry less about how I look. 
I know I got of point for a sec... sorry. :(

   Back to "what ifs" and "what dids. 
One thing that I noticed about letting go of the "what ifs" is that without thinking I had been harboring up all these embarrassing moments. Not even just embarrassing but just plain weird moments. I also was getting mad at myself because I wasn't perfect. But there is only one perfect person And it is God. 

   The one thing that made me notice that I was missing out on the things of life was when my brother kept up things from the past that I was oblivious to. Things that we had done together. He would have to tell me multiple times before I started remembering . At first I thought that he was simply making up adventures but when other siblings started agreeing, I started asking myself some questions:
* How come I cant remember such memorable events? 
*This has never happened before! what changed? 
* Why is this happening?    

   I spent many sleepless nights prying and examining myself. It took a few weeks before i found those harboring thoughts. When I found them I asked God to remove them and help me to become less worried about me and more about him. 

He helped me in both ways! 

   I have been enjoying much more of whats going on around me now that im not thinking about the "what ifs" but the "what dids" and the " what ares".     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why is it so hard to say goodbye?

   Texas is the only place I've ever lived. When my family moved to Dallas, it was hard. I was 5 hours away from my childhood home and all my childhood friends. But moving to Tennessee feels like moving across the world. I'm having to pick up everything and move to a completely new place with new people so very far from everything I've ever known. And to make it better, moving means saying goodbye. And I hate goodbyes.    I become close to people very quick. Its just who I am. And becoming close to people quickly means I've had lots of time to get to know each other which means saying goodbyes kinda sucks..    In this day and age all we have to do is shoot out a text or post a picture on Instagram and you are instantly connected to pretty much any and everyone in the world. So why is saying goodbye so hard? Why do I feel sick to my stomach seeing people for the last time?     For me, I'm afraid I'm gonna lose people. That people who i love and care abo

in Gods eyes

   We are a generation controlled by what the internet says we should look and feel like. In Gods eyes each of us is just the way we were meant to be. Each of us is wanted and loved.  No one is better then anyone else. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Each of us is priceless.     Every day girls are told that they need to eat less, work out more, wear this and read that. And so very often, I'm swept into those lies.  So often I am believing what the public thinks of me instead of what my Heavenly Father thinks of me. I am his creation created for good. All that I need to remember is that I am beautiful to my creator and that's all that matters.

forever in our hearts

I’m still trying to find the words to describe all of the emotions running through my mind, but here’s what I came up with  at 4am  through swollen eyes and a heavy heart.  Our lives aren’t hallmark movies. We can’t always predict what’s going to come next, and we aren’t promised (our version of) a happy ending. But our stories are hand crafted by the creator of the universe and they are perfect in his eyes. Even when they leave us broken, lost, and confused in the moment.  Yesterday, after weeks of begging the Lord for a miracle, we didn’t get the answer we wanted. the world lost an amazingly infectious person and the news hit me like a truck. Treven was the most kind, selfless, and compassionate kid I knew. He never met someone he didn’t like, and I don’t think he knew how to greet someone without suffocating them in his classic Treven embrace (little did I know that when he sprung his surprise attack hug on me after frozen it would be the last time I would see his sweet fac