Skip to main content

forever in our hearts

I’m still trying to find the words to describe all of the emotions running through my mind, but here’s what I came up with at 4am through swollen eyes and a heavy heart. 

Our lives aren’t hallmark movies. We can’t always predict what’s going to come next, and we aren’t promised (our version of) a happy ending. But our stories are hand crafted by the creator of the universe and they are perfect in his eyes. Even when they leave us broken, lost, and confused in the moment. 

Yesterday, after weeks of begging the Lord for a miracle, we didn’t get the answer we wanted. the world lost an amazingly infectious person and the news hit me like a truck. Treven was the most kind, selfless, and compassionate kid I knew. He never met someone he didn’t like, and I don’t think he knew how to greet someone without suffocating them in his classic Treven embrace (little did I know that when he sprung his surprise attack hug on me after frozen it would be the last time I would see his sweet face). He loved on everyone around him no matter their age. He was a big brother to everyone younger than himself, and he took them all under his wing. He never failed to ask you about life, or how you were doing, even when he wasn’t doin to great himself. His heart was to serve and support others in every possible way he could no matter the circumstances, even if all he could do was crack a joke or plan some silly prank. If you had even one conversation with Trev, you know how truly infectious his joy was. His smile and crazy, spontaneous personality lit up every room he entered. No matter what mood you were in, Treven would make you laugh until there were tears running down your face, and you were rolling on the floor. Trev touched the lives of people he never even met. That’s the kind of person Treven was. I’ve never known anyone quite like him. He was the kind of person who you could met once and feel like you’d known him forever. He was so young, and had so much more to give to the world. But Treven was in constant pain, and he was struggling every single day. And while I can selfishly say that I wish he was still here with us being a complete goofball, he is now completely free of all cancer and pain. Treven joined the angels yesterday, and I don’t think they know what they are in for..

Sometimes God doesn’t answer our prayers the way we want him to. But that doesn’t make them bad plans, and it doesn’t make him a bad God. Treven impacted so many people throughout the short time he was here on earth, and I know he will impact many more through his death. Trev is now pain free, and I can just imagine him running freely, worshiping the Lord and pranking the angels. 

We’re gonna miss you a lot down here T$, and you will be forever in our hearts, but I’m so very glad that you are finally cancer free and living forever with the King of Kings. 

I think we should all take this as a reminder that we are never promised another breath. You never know when the last time you see someone will be. So remember to be thankful for everything you are given, and the next time you see someone you love, hug the heck out of them and don’t take anything or any moment for granted. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in Gods eyes

   We are a generation controlled by what the internet says we should look and feel like. In Gods eyes each of us is just the way we were meant to be. Each of us is wanted and loved.  No one is better then anyone else. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Each of us is priceless.     Every day girls are told that they need to eat less, work out more, wear this and read that. And so very often, I'm swept into those lies.  So often I am believing what the public thinks of me instead of what my Heavenly Father thinks of me. I am his creation created for good. All that I need to remember is that I am beautiful to my creator and that's all that matters.

why is it so hard to say goodbye?

   Texas is the only place I've ever lived. When my family moved to Dallas, it was hard. I was 5 hours away from my childhood home and all my childhood friends. But moving to Tennessee feels like moving across the world. I'm having to pick up everything and move to a completely new place with new people so very far from everything I've ever known. And to make it better, moving means saying goodbye. And I hate goodbyes.    I become close to people very quick. Its just who I am. And becoming close to people quickly means I've had lots of time to get to know each other which means saying goodbyes kinda sucks..    In this day and age all we have to do is shoot out a text or post a picture on Instagram and you are instantly connected to pretty much any and everyone in the world. So why is saying goodbye so hard? Why do I feel sick to my stomach seeing people for the last time?     For me, I'm afraid I'm gonna lose people. That people who i love and care abo