Skip to main content

nothing ever can separate us

Over the past few months I’ve been going through a lot. A lot has changed and it’s been hard. A few weeks (or maybe months I don’t really remember) ago I was introduced to this verse and it meaning really hit me. I’d read the verse before, and I even had some of it memorized but it was in this rough time that God really showed me what it truly meant. 

Romans 8:38-39 says “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, or height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” 

And as I was reading this verse it hit me. It doesn’t matter what the world or the devil tries to throw at us, God is always here for us. Even In our darkest moments when there seems likes there’s no hope he’s still there. Holding our hand guiding us through. It doesn’t matter what horrible things we’ve done, or what awful things we will do in the future he loves us anyway. He is faithful. 
On top of this verse there’s a song by Citizen Way (nothing ever could separate us) that is literally the words of this verse and it’s become my anthem. So often I get caught up in the sad or disappointing things happening in my life that I forget to cling to the rock that is Jesus Christ. I get so caught up in myself that I forget that we have one hope. One way to truly be happy and find joy. Never forget that God is there for you always. You just have to cling to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in Gods eyes

   We are a generation controlled by what the internet says we should look and feel like. In Gods eyes each of us is just the way we were meant to be. Each of us is wanted and loved.  No one is better then anyone else. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Each of us is priceless.     Every day girls are told that they need to eat less, work out more, wear this and read that. And so very often, I'm swept into those lies.  So often I am believing what the public thinks of me instead of what my Heavenly Father thinks of me. I am his creation created for good. All that I need to remember is that I am beautiful to my creator and that's all that matters.

why is it so hard to say goodbye?

   Texas is the only place I've ever lived. When my family moved to Dallas, it was hard. I was 5 hours away from my childhood home and all my childhood friends. But moving to Tennessee feels like moving across the world. I'm having to pick up everything and move to a completely new place with new people so very far from everything I've ever known. And to make it better, moving means saying goodbye. And I hate goodbyes.    I become close to people very quick. Its just who I am. And becoming close to people quickly means I've had lots of time to get to know each other which means saying goodbyes kinda sucks..    In this day and age all we have to do is shoot out a text or post a picture on Instagram and you are instantly connected to pretty much any and everyone in the world. So why is saying goodbye so hard? Why do I feel sick to my stomach seeing people for the last time?     For me, I'm afraid I'm gonna lose people. That people who i love and care abo

forever in our hearts

I’m still trying to find the words to describe all of the emotions running through my mind, but here’s what I came up with  at 4am  through swollen eyes and a heavy heart.  Our lives aren’t hallmark movies. We can’t always predict what’s going to come next, and we aren’t promised (our version of) a happy ending. But our stories are hand crafted by the creator of the universe and they are perfect in his eyes. Even when they leave us broken, lost, and confused in the moment.  Yesterday, after weeks of begging the Lord for a miracle, we didn’t get the answer we wanted. the world lost an amazingly infectious person and the news hit me like a truck. Treven was the most kind, selfless, and compassionate kid I knew. He never met someone he didn’t like, and I don’t think he knew how to greet someone without suffocating them in his classic Treven embrace (little did I know that when he sprung his surprise attack hug on me after frozen it would be the last time I would see his sweet fac